Thursday, December 24, 2009

Snuggies, Drama, & Holiday Wishes

So I forgot~!

To post yesterday, I apologize for that. I was really busy and I didn't get around to posting before I went to my boyfriend's parents house.

So my early Christmas turned out wonderful.

We went over my boyfriend's brother's house where I got to meet the immediate family. They were really nice and I enjoyed my time there. Jon's nephews are adorable and I can't wait to be an aunt for them. X3

My boyfriend's sister had a game called Scribblenauts- awesome game very cute. Look it up. Hehe.

We had dinner over there; I had medium steak, rice and salad. I'm not too fond of crabs so I didn't really eat any but I did have cheesecake and it was yummy.

OH and the BRIE!! The BRIE is the god of cheeses besides mozerella and colby jack. X3

For Christmas I got three books I was looking for; Kite Runner, Magic's Pawn and Killer Angels.

Also got a sweater, hoodie, p.j's, a 25$ borders gift card and godiva candy, sucker and a stocking.

Oh and from my boyfriend I got a snuggie! It's awesome.

After hanging out with Stacy; Jon's brother we headed back to Jon's parents house and went to sleep- I finished Bluestar's Prophecy by Erin Hunter before going to bed though.

I got home earlier and I tried everything on and now I'm watching Iron Chef America.

That aside  do have a rant... And it's not just about cosplay it's about issues in general.

Butthurt people who BAWW after they post controverisal issues. Whether it be cosplay or otherwise.

If you're going to post controverisal issues, don't BAWW over the situation that someone criticizes your point of view. Not everyone is going to see eye to eye. So accept it!

If you want to remove me from your list because I don't think like you do; then do so. Bawww all you want and whine to your friends that someone was lulmean to you. If you're going to post controversial issues EXPECT people to not agree with you. I guess one could say that if you don't have anything nice; don't say it.

However, what I said was nice, I was simply pointing out what I thought about a specific situation. I won't go further than that... But if you are going to open yourself up to the world and rant then you should expect other people have different opinions.

If you're not mature enough to accept another's thoughts, then seriously grow up.

I have dealt with a lot of this in cosplay and I feel that the fandom has a lot of this going on and they apply it to other things as well... Not just cosplay. If someone does not agree with you, then you're automatically labled as a black sheep and someone who isn't worth the time of day.

It's even more so apparent in cosplay. This is where I'm dipping into the cosplay portion of this situation.

If you don't agree with others on topics of cosplay it opens a whole new can of worms. Sometimes you're outright shunned from a group of people because you feel differently on a topic. I suppose though drama follows cosplay and it's always a troublesome thing.

I try to stay away from it, but I guess it's more common in cosplay because we are dealing with a younger crowd at times. Especially when it comes to conventions. Granted the majority of people I hang out with aren't like this, I think it's because I hang out with a more mature and older crowd of cosplayers.

I wonder why that is; not the situation that I hang out with older cosplayers but instead why drama=cosplay. Is it because it's a younger crowd hobby sometimes or is it something more? Maybe because we're artists and drama=art? I wonder... What do you guys think?

Well with that said; I'll go ahead and mirror this on deviantArt and LiveJournal because I'm curious about your opinions. Feel free to share them.

And...

I want to wish everyone a Merry CHRISTMAS! And a Happy New Year!!

With love,

-苔桃 (Foxberry)

No comments:

Post a Comment